Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Comparing 'Shark Tank' to Venture Capital Reality

Posted By: George Deeb - 10/09/2013

Share

& Comment

I am sure many of you have watched an episode of Shark Tank on ABC.  The show allows a startup entrepreneur to pitch their idea to a panel of five respected venture investors, who either like or don’t like the opportunity, and if they do, compete for the investment.  Many of the times I have watched the show, I end up cringing watching these poor entrepreneurs become the victims of undermarket valuations or a rushed decision which makes for “good TV watching” for the viewers at home, but bad business decisions for the company.  I wanted to compare Shark Tank to reality in the venture capital world, to confirm my assumption.

Read the rest of this post on Forbes, which I guest authored this week.

For future posts, please follow me at:  www.twitter.com/georgedeeb

Red Rocket is a featured contributor on entrepreneurship for many trusted business sites:

Copyright 2011- Red Rocket Partners, LLC